mPower™ DC 311 Series 5 kWProduct Selector
mPower 311 Series 5 kW Programmable DC Power Supply ↑
Marway’s lab-quality dc power supply line includes many advanced capabilities usually found only in systems costing much more. The mPower 311 3U series add a significant jump in capabilities over the 300 Series, and a lot more power than than than the 311 2U models. The 311 Series includes touchscreen user control, an advanced function generator, parallel system control from a single unit, and a flexible digital interface to match many legacy field bus environments. As with all mPower DC systems, the 311 Series features autoranging power, multiple communications protocols, and the ability to parallel multiple units—now up to 64.
- Up to 750 Vdc at 20 amps, or up to 170 amps at 60 Vdc.
- Operate in constant voltage, current, power, or resistance mode.
- Function generator with multiple common waveforms, arbitrary wave forms, and built-in simulations.
- Autoranging power output enables the system to deliver 100% power over a wide range of voltage and current.
- Active power factor correction of input power.
- Parallel output connectivity of up to 64 units (of mixed models) to create higher total power output.
- Output Share Bus automates the regulation of current load sharing among parallel-connected units.
- Expansion Control bus shares data among parallel units providing a true single-point control panel.
- Output Voltage Sense Bus which monitors voltage at the load, instead of the output terminals, to compensate for minor losses in output cables.
- Programmable using ModBus and SCPI protocols on a variety of interfaces.
- USB for remote control through Windows®, LabView®, and your own custom scripts.
- Ethernet interface built in for remote control and monitoring.
- AnyBus digital interface. The AnyBus port accepts modules enabling RS232, CAN, CANopen, Profibus, Profinet, ModbusTCP, and EtherCAT.
- Analog Interface for remote control and monitoring of key operational parameters of the system using a PLC or your own custom control circuitry.
- Touchscreen graphical display user interface with two rotary controls (which speed up data entry) allows for complete local configuration, control, and monitoring.
- Safety features including user interface lockout and discharge circuitry. Built-in alerts for over voltage, current, power, and temperature.
Programming and Remote Control ↑
- Remote control is available through a Windows® program, LabView®, or through custom scripting
- Scripting is done using ModBus and/or SCPI protocols
- 311 Series features USB, Ethernet, and analog remote control as standard
- Also standard on the 311 Series is the AnyBus which accepts a variety of modules for field bus controls
The Operating Guide includes a complete programming reference for these systems. See the Software page for a Windows USB driver, for LabView VIs, and other resources.
Parallel Setups ↑
- Increase the total current and power of your DC test setup
- Up to 64 units in parallel for up to 320 kW
- Use all the same or mixed models from 311 Series
- Individual expansion units are configured by a single control unit
- Software remote control can be used to control the dc output, and monitor the status of all units
The Share Bus will regulate the voltage of each unit, and balance the load sharing of current as well. The master-slave expansion bus extends this capability by making it possible for the control unit to display the full true capacity of the parallel system, and to acquire detailed data about the status of the system as a whole, making operation much simpler. Configuration, on/off control, and alarm monitoring all possible through the control unit.
It is possible to mix different models of 311 Series in parallel. The combined power capacity becomes available, but attention must be paid to voltage and current limits based on the lowest rated units.