mPower™ DC 310 Series 2UProduct Selector
mPower 310 Series 2U
Autoranging DC Power Supply
Marway’s lab-quality dc power supply line includes many advanced capabilities usually found only in systems costing much more. The mPower 310 series is our entry point for including touchscreen user control, function generator, a true master-slave bus, and a flexible digital interface to match many legacy field bus environments. As with all mPower DC systems, the 310 units feature auto-ranging power, multiple communications protocols, and the ability to parallel up to 16 units.
- Up to 750 Vdc at 12 amps, or up to 120 amps at 80 Vdc.
- Available in 1.0, 1.5, and 3.0 kW models.
- Active power factor correction of input power.
- Operate in constant voltage, current, power or resistance mode.
- Function generator with multiple common waveforms, arbitrary wave forms, and built-in simulations.
- Auto-ranging power output enables the system to deliver 100% power over a wide range of voltage and current.
- Parallel output connectivity of up to 16 units to create a total power output of up to 48 kW.
- Output Share Bus which automates the regulation of current loading among parallel-connected units.
- Master-Slave bus shares data among parallel units providing a true single-point master for control and monitoring.
- Output Voltage Sense Bus which monitors voltage at the load, instead of the output terminals, to compensate for minor losses in output cables.
- Programmable using ModBus and SCPI protocols on a variety of interfaces.
- USB for remote control through Windows®, LabView®, and your own custom scripts.
- Optional GPIB or AnyBus digital interface. AnyBus accepts modules enabling RS232, Ethernet, CAN, CANopen, Profibus, Profinet, ModbusTCP, and EtherCAT.
- Analog Interface for remote control and monitoring of key operational parameters of the system using a PLC or your own custom control circuitry.
- Safety features including user interface lockout and discharge circuitry. Built-in alerts for over voltage, current, power, and temperature.
- Touchscreen graphical display user interface with two rotary controls (which speed up data entry) allows for complete local configuration, control, and monitoring.
Programming and Remote Control
- Remote control is available through a Windows® program, LabView®, or through custom scripting
- Scripting is done using ModBus and/or SCPI protocols
- 310 Series features USB and analog remote control as standard
- 310 Series offers the additional option of GPIB or AnyBus modules for remote control
- Up to 16 units in parallel
- Increase the total current and power
- Individual units in slave mode are configured by the master unit
- Software remote control can be used to control the dc output, and monitor the status of all units
The Share Bus is used to balance the internal voltage regulation of each unit, and therefore the current regulation as well. This results in a balanced load distribution. The master-slave bus extends this capability by making it possible for the master unit to display the full true capacity of the parallel system, and to acquire detailed data about the status of the system as a whole, making operation much simpler. Configuration, on/off control, and alarm monitoring all possible through the master unit.
Running systems in parallel requires that each unit is the same model number (same series, with the same voltage, current, and power ratings).