mPower™ DC 300 SeriesProduct Selector
mPower 300 Series 1U
Autoranging DC Power Supply
Marway’s lab-quality mPower 300 Series dc power supply product line includes many capabilities usually found only in systems costing much more. This compact 1U package features auto-ranging output, multiple communications protocols, the ability to parallel up to 10 units, a graphical display, and more.
- Up to 750 Vdc at 6 amps, or up to 100 amps at 80 Vdc.
- Available in 1.5 kW and 3.0 kW models.
- Active power factor correction of input power.
- Operate in constant voltage, current, or power mode.
- Auto-ranging power output enables the system to deliver 100% power over a wide range of voltage and current.
- Parallel output connectivity of up to 10 units to create a total power output of up to 30 kW.
- Output Share Bus which automates the regulation of current loading among parallel-connected units.
- Output Voltage Sense Bus which monitors voltage at the load, instead of the output terminals, to compensate for minor losses in output cables.
- Programmable using ModBus and SCPI protocols on a variety of interfaces.
- USB for remote control through Windows®, LabView®, and your own custom scripts.
- Ethernet for remote control using your own custom scripting.
- Analog Interface for remote control and monitoring of key operational parameters of the system using a PLC or your own custom control circuitry.
- Graphical display user interface with multiple buttons, and two rotary controls (which speed up data entry) allows for complete configuration, control, and monitoring.
- Safety features including user interface lockout and discharge circuitry. Built-in alerts for over voltage, current, power, and temperature.
Programming and Remote Control
- Remote control is available through a Windows® program, LabView®, or through custom scripting
- Scripting is done using ModBus and/or SCPI protocols
- 300 Series features USB, Ethernet, and analog remote control
- Up to 10 units in parallel
- Increase the total current and power
- Individual units must each be configured to the same settings
- Use the analog bus to control dc output of all units at once
The Share Bus will balance the internal voltage regulation of each unit, and therefore the current regulation as well. This results in a balanced load distribution. One unit is selected to serve as the master source for the control limits managed over the bus, but otherwise each unit is operated separately for management of other settings, responding to alarms, and other activities. Using the analog interface, remote parallel control of some operations, such as DC output on/off, is also possible.
Running systems in parallel requires that each unit is the same model number (same series, with the same voltage, current, and power ratings).