Optima™ RCM 833Product Selector
Optima RCM 833
3-Phase Smart PDUs
The Optima RCM 833 provides higher power capacity compared to the 820, by starting with a three-phase power inlet of either 20 or 30 amps maximum rating per phase. A 3U enclosure provides the space for as many as 18 outlets (16 switched). The space in the 3U chassis also provides room for several sub-circuits with their own circuit breakers. This enables the greatest flexibility in the standard Optima RCM line for planning the grouping of downstream equipment. Additional standard industrial features include surge suppression, EMI filtering, and remote EPO control.
All standard models include remote outlet switching over Ethernet. Optional inlet power monitoring over Ethernet is also available. Inlet power monitoring measures volts, amps, watts, voltamps, power factor, and frequency. The remote EPO option, standard on all 833 models, allows a remote control panel to shut down all outlets of one or more PDUs at the same time. The EMI filter, also standard, includes a broad-spectrum filter on the incoming ac line which helps attached equipment get a clean power signal.
Download the Standard Products Catalog (above) for complete details, but here’s an overview of standard and optional features:
- Standard remote switching over Ethernet.
- Standard inlet power monitoring over Ethernet with local LED display and keypad.
- HTTP/S, Telnet, SSH, SNMP, SMTP, SNTP, IPv4, IPv6
- 3U chassis with removable/relocatable mounting brackets.
- 120/208 Vac 3Φ wye, 50/60 Hz, 24/30 A, L21-30P inlet.
- Inlet available on rear panel or front panel (swaps position with the J1 5-20R duplex). The front panel inlet connector can be either a recessed male or a strain-relieved cable. The rear panel inlet connector is always a strain-relieved cable. Cables are 9 feet long with an L21-30 plug.
- Standard main power four-pole circuit breaker with a power-on indicator for each phase.
- Standard surge suppression and EMI filter.
- Standard remote EPO interface.
- Standard 16/20 A utility circuit with one 5-20R duplex (breakered, but not switched or subject to the EPO system).
- One set of models includes sixteen 5-20R outlets grouped into four 16/20 A circuits each having four outlets. These models do not include additional twist-lock connectors.
- Another set of models includes twelve 5-20R outlets grouped into three 16/20 A circuits each having four outlets. These models also have three twist-lock connectors:
- Two 16/20 A circuits each with a switched twist-lock outlet. Both circuits have the same twist-lock type with a choice of L5-20R, L5-30R, L6-20R, or L6-30R.
- One 24/30 A pass-through outlet off the main breaker with one switched L21-30R connector.
- Designed and manufactured to UL 62368-1.
Inlet power monitoring is a useful option for several purposes, but commonly watched values are amps, volts, and watts. The built-in circuit breaker will protect wiring from an overload, but how do you know if your equipment is close to tripping the circuit breaker? The inlet monitor’s display of amps provides the information you need. Additionally, setpoints can be used to automatically alert personnel that the current load has reached a warning or critical level. Voltage can also be monitored with alerts. Watts is a measure of how much power is actually being used. This can be useful for verifying the equipment capacity needed for backup battery systems or generators.
All models of the 833 Series are switched PDUs. Outlets can be switched manually through web and command line interfaces, or through SNMP. Automated switching control can be scripted through the RESTful API (an efficient HTTP protocol), or through Telnet or SNMP.
Each outlet may be labeled to reflect what it is connected to, or what its purpose is. Each outlet includes on/off/cycle commands, and is configurable to be on or off at startup, or restored to whatever the last known state was prior to shutdown. Switch events can be logged, and even configured to send alerts over email, SMS, and/or SNMP.
The Optima remote EPO feature is primarily designed for use with a Marway remote EPO panel such as the Commander UCP 5000. A Commander panel may be connected to one or more PDUs, and thereby trigger an EPO event for several racks in unison.
In the 833 Series products, the remote EPO feature disables all outlets except for the unswitched pair labeled J1. The firmware detects the EPO event, updates the outlet states, and can optionally send an alert over email, SMS, and/or SNMP.